On this programme, you will learn about:
- Network and operating system security
- Security risk analysis
- Secure software development – covering security requirement specification, security design, secure coding and security testing
You will develop your expertise through specialist modules and an independent cyber security project. You will also develop your core computer science skills, including:
- Computational thinking.
- Computational problem-solving.
- Software development.
- Broad knowledge of computer science.
Advancing your career
In the UK alone, over 1.5 million people work in the digital sector, while the number of digital technology jobs has grown at twice the rate of other roles. This postgraduate programme will boost your employability and help prepare you for a range of in demand roles in computer science, software development, programming, and security solutions. You will be able apply computational thinking, and apply current vulnerability detection methods, and forensic and security techniques in a range of business and academic settings.
- Part of the elite Russell Group of major research-intensive universities
- Top of the Russell Group for academic support (NSS 2020)
- Over 20,000 students and 4,000 staff from 150 countries
- Ranked 10th for research impact (Times Higher Education’s ranking of the most recent Research Excellence Framework)
- 18th overall in the Complete University Guide 2022
- University of the Year shortlisted (Times Higher Education Awards 2021)
- University of the Year shortlisted (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022)