In this programme, you’ll develop three distinct skills required for effective leadership in finance
- Critical approach to problem-solving.
- Effective communication skills.
- Insight into your own professional development.
Advancing your career
These three skills are vital for professional adaptability and employability across industries, functions and roles. As a graduate, you may find positions in a full spectrum of industries including finance and banking, energy and utilities, and education and government. You will also benefit throughout your career from the ethical, socially responsible and international themes that underpin all programme content.
- Part of the elite Russell Group of major research-intensive universities
- Top of the Russell Group for academic support (NSS 2020)
- Over 20,000 students and 4,000 staff from 150 countries
- Ranked 10th for research impact (Times Higher Education’s ranking of the most recent Research Excellence Framework)
- 18th overall in the Complete University Guide 2022
- University of the Year shortlisted (Times Higher Education Awards 2021)
- University of the Year shortlisted (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022)
Entry requirements for home and international students:
You should normally have, or be about to complete, a 2:2 undergraduate degree (or equivalent qualification) in:
- Accounting and finance, ideally including some modules in other management subjects.
- Management or business studies, where there has been a substantial finance, accounting and economics component.
- Other relevant subjects where management, finance/accounting or economics make up around half of the modules you studied.
- Other subject areas/joint degrees in quantitative science such as mathematics, physics or engineering.
Alternatively, we would accept a Masters degree (or equivalent). If you earned your undergraduate degree outside of the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2. Our country-specific pages can help you to find out.
Applicants with experience in a managerial role without the specified academic qualification may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
If English isn't your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5, with a minimum of 6.5 in Writing and no less than 6.0 in all other components
- IELTS Indicator: 6.5, with a minimum of 6.5 in Writing and no less than 6.0 in all other components
- TOEFL IBT (internet-based and special home edition): 87, with a minimum of 23 in Writing and a minimum of 21 in all other components
- Trinity ISE: Level 3 with Merit in all components
- PTE Academic: 61, with a minimum of 61 in Writing and no less than 55 in all other components
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Cambridge Proficiency (CPE): 176, with a minimum of 176 in Writing and no less than 169 in all other components
- GCSE: B / 6 or above
- Duolingo: 110, minimum 110 in production and 100 in all other components
- LanguageCert B2 Communicator: High Pass with 33/50 in each component
You need to have completed the test within two and a half years of the start date of your programme. You cannot combine scores from more than one sitting of the test.
You will not need to provide evidence of your English language abilities:
- If you're from a specified majority English-speaking country.
- If you've completed a degree in English in a specified country within seven years of your intended start date.