What you’ll study
You’ll develop specialist skills and knowledge in machine learning, data analytics, data mining and text analysis via specialised modules and an independent data analytics project. You’ll also develop your core computer science skills such as computational thinking, computational problem solving and software development.
Our online programmes allow you to study around work and home commitments, at different times and locations. This is your Masters degree, on your own terms, in your own time.
Advancing your career
In the UK alone, over 1.5 million people work in the digital sector, while the number of digital technology jobs has grown at twice the rate of other roles.
As a graduate, you’ll be prepared for a range of positions including in software and web development, programming, business intelligence, business analysis and data warehousing. Our world-class Russell Group institution and leading Department of Computer Science offer the global reach and industry-relevant content that set our programmes apart.
- Part of the elite Russell Group of major research-intensive universities
- Ranked Top 20 in the UK (THE World University Rankings 2021)
- Top 150 in the world (THE World University Rankings 2021)
- Over 20,000 students and 4,000 staff from 150 countries
- Ranked 10th for research impact (Times Higher Education’s ranking of the most recent Research Excellence Framework)